Sunday, May 5, 2013

The Smart Way

When I first saw a Smartboard in the MSMC education building it was an exciting experience. Before we even used the boards, we had brain stormed different lessons and activities that we as teachers would want to use with our students. When we turned it on we were amazed by all the ways the board could make our lives easier. Every student could now be an active participant with this board and we could directly mark and edit anything we wanted right in front of them. We could create games, quizzes and even timed lessons. A few weeks ago I joined the Smartboard Revolution Ning. I was blown away by how many teachers and educators belonged to the Ning and how much they shared with everyone. There is a whole network of teachers, even whole departments that are willing to share lessons, ideas and technologies with others for the benefit of our students. I enjoyed reading the comments made by the teachers and the ideas they exchanged on the best way to show the students the information we want them to absorb. What is even more amazing is the vast network of podcasts and videos of people explaining new and existing Smart technologies. It seems that Smart technologies have united the teaching world even more than though possible.

1 comment:

  1. Elizabeth, I am not surprised to see you found so much at the Ning!! (I am going to go join it now!) I love teachers that are motivated to collaborate and share their ideas. When I first began teaching, I was nervous finding lessons that were not my original work, but quickly changed and loved implementing unique and fun ideas with my students that I never would have come up with on my own. I am part of a group on Facebook where teacher collaborate, post questions and challenges from their classrooms and so forth...it amazing what you can learn just by browsing and adding a few of these to your repertoire. I would love to collaborate on SMART technologies with you someday!

    ReplyDelete