Sunday, May 5, 2013

Personal Learning Networks

The amazing thing about the personal learning network is that it is what it says it is. Personal. I was not aware of PLN before I watched the video of Will Richardson. As I was listening to him speak, I began to think and realize that through technology, I can create my own little space of internet where my students and others can go to connect and learn together rather than just going through the motions of finding information. Richardson talks about how Facebook and Myspace are constantly visited by our students, so then we can ask why don't we use something of the same nature? I appreciated the graphic created on how to go through the PLN step by step and planning the process carefully. The PLN is a way to have people come to you rather than a whole bunch of people going to a main piece of software and not really playing a role in its life as a place for people to exchange ideas. Students can establish their own PLN through many different ways , even Facebook which can be a place for them to publish their ideas and have people comment and interact.

No comments:

Post a Comment